This lesson continues explaining which letters sometimes have tafkheem and sometimes tarqeeq, and the circumstances for each case. This lesson will discuss the cases of tafkheem for the letter .
Tafkheem of the letter
The has 8 cases in which it has tafkheem, 4 cases in which it has tarqeeq, and 2 cases that allow either tafkheem or tarqeeq.
The Eight cases in which the has tafkheem:
1. If it has a fat-hah, such as in
2. If it is saakinah and before the is a letter with a fat-ha, as in:
3. If it is saakinah and the letter before it has a sukoon, and the letter before that has a fat-h, as when stopping on the word: Click here to listen
4. If it has a dhammah, as in : Click here to listen
5. If it ( ), has a sukoon, and the letter before it has a dhammah, such as in : Click here to listen
6. If the is saakinah, preceded by a saakin, which is preceded by a dhammah. As when stopping on the word: .Click here to listen
7. If the is saakinah and preceded by a presented kasrah ( this is in the hamzah wasl). The is pronounced with tafkheem when preceded by hamzah wasl, if we start on the hamzah wasl with a kasrah, or if continuing from the previous word. Examples:
8. If the is saakinah and before is a kasrah, and after the a letter of that does NOT have a kasrah; meaning it has any vowel (including the sukoon) except a kasrah. As in:
These then are the eight circumstances for tafkheem of the letter . In the next lesson, insha’ Allah, we will discuss the circumstances for tarqeeq of the letter