Could you please help answer the following questions for me ?
1. When did Tajweed start ?
2. What is wrong if we do not read the Quran with tajweed?
3. Did the Sahaba all read the Quran with tajweed ?
Thanks and Jazaakum Allahu khairan.
Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatu Allahi wa barakatuh.
1. The Qur’an was revealed with tajweed, and most of the tajweed rules we study today were part of the normal Arabic tongue at the time of the revelation.
2. If you do not read the Qur’an with tajweed, you are not reading it as it was revealed to the Prophet, .
3. We have no way of knowing if everyone of them read with proper tajweed, but we know the Prophet, , approved the recitation of a group of the Sahaba and ordered them to teach the Qur’an.
There is a PDF download which addresses these issues in more detail and most likely will benefit you. Please click here to download and read it.
You are welcome. Wa iyyaakum wa-l-muslimeen.