1) I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN QALQALAH KUBRO AND QALQALAH SUGHRA?
2) WHAT IS THE DEFINITION OF LIEN (MADD LIN) AND WHAT IS IT?
3) NUN SAKINAH WHEN MEET WITH HURUF HIJAIYAH IS DIVIDED BY FIVE TERMS. COULD YOU GIVE EACH OF THE FIVE TERMS AND ITS EXAMPLE. HUKUM : CONTOH :
COULD YOU ENLIGHTEN ME WITH THESE QUESTIONS WHICH I DO UNDERSTAND MUCH.
Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,
1. The qalqalah kubraa is when the qalqalah is on the end of a word and we are stopping on the word. The qalqalah sughraa is when the saakin letter of qalqalah is in the middle of a word, or the end of word, but we are not stopping on the word. Please see: http://www.abouttajweed.com/qalqalah_mechanism.htm and please scroll down to the end of the page.
2, is defined as: It occurs when a “leen” letter ( or with a sukoon, preceded by a letter with a fathah) is followed by one letter only in the same word and we stop on the last letter in the word with a presented sukoon.
Its rule: It is allowed to lengthen this medd 2-4-or 6 vowel counts when stopping on the word. When continuing reading (not stopping on this word), there is a slight lengthening of the “leen” letter, referred by the scholars as "" which is less than two vowel counts, but longer than one vowel count.
Please see the following link for more information: http://www.abouttajweed.com/al-mudood_part_7_medd_'aaridh_leen.htm
3. There are four rules for the noon saakinah and tanween, please see the following page of links for the definitions, rules and examples: http://www.abouttajweed.com/the_noon_saakinah_and_tanween.htm