That Which is Needed to be Observed for Hafs ‘an ‘Aasim by the way of Ash-Shaatibiyyah in Some of the Qur’anic Words
We now start the last section of the tajweed tidbits, the words that are special to Hafs ‘An ‘Aasim by the way of Shatibiyyah
This section, when finished, will conclude the tajweed lessons in the reading of Hafs ‘an ‘Aasim.
It has preceded in various lessons that which needs to be observed when reading the Qur’an by the way of , either by special mention or included in the rules of all the different reciters. These words or rules will be mentioned here so the student will make special note of them.
1. It has been mentioned in previous lessons the two ways of reading the three words
A. The first allowed way is that of changing the hamzah al-wasl into an alif with a long six vowel count medd
B. The second allowed way is reading the hamzah al-wasl with of the hamzah, meaning reading it between a hamzah and an alif with no lengthening.
2. The rule of of the letter into the letter in aayah 176 of surah al-'Araaf,
was studied in the mutajaanisaan lessons, as well as the of the into the in surah Hud, aayah 42 .
3. The word in aayah 11 of surah Yusuf was discussed previously, and there are two allowed ways of reading the word by ,
A .Merging of the first into the second with (circling of the two lips).
B. Shortening the dhammah of the first to 2/3 of a vowel count (), with : read as
4. The rule of saakinah of the letters at the beginning of surah al-Qalam and Ya-Seen was studied previously in the saakinah and tanween section. It was stated that the saakinah at the end of the letter at the beginning of al-Qalam and the saakinah at the end of the letter at the beginning of Ya-Seen are read with only when reading in continuum with that which comes next after the initial letters starting the surahs in the reading of .
5. There are two allowed ways of stopping in the recitation of on the word in aayah 36 of surah An-Naml.
a. One of the two ways is establishing the extra at the end of the word
b. The other way that is allowed when stopping is eliminating the extra after the at the end of the word.
The is always present when reading this word in continuum with that which comes next.
We will continue with the words that have special observance in the recitation of Hafs 'an 'Aasim by the way o