copyright © 2002, abouttajweed.com, all rights reserved
Its language definition: Forbiddance
Places that has a
It has been related that would stop gently without breathing while in the state of continuing his recitation in four places of the revelation. It is required (waajib) for the reader reciting the Qur'an by the way of Hafs 'an 'Aasim min tareeq Ash-Shatibiyyah to do all of these as long as he/she is reading the two words that have a in between them in continuum. If the reader stops between the two words (which is allowed in al-Kahf and Ya seen), then the would not be employed, since it is now a stop. All of these saktaat of Hafs are transmitted by a sound chain of transmission from the Prophet, . They are often referred to as the saktaat of Hafs because they are unique to the way of recitation made famous by Imam Hafs.
1. The first , which as defined is a short breathless stop, is made on the alif substituted in place of the tanween in the word , at the beginning of surah al-Kahf, when joining the first aayah with the next one , then would read . This doesn’t mean that it is not allowed to stop on the word since it is the end of an aayah. If one stops though, there would be no .
is also a
the word ,
in aayah 52 of surah YaSeen
3. There is also a in the recitation of on the word , in aayah 28 of surah al-qiyaamah, ; after the sakt, the recitation continues with the word . There is of the noon saakinah in the word , since the prevents the letters from meeting, and therefore there is no . Click here to listen to this sakt
4. also has a on the of the word with of the because again, the prevents the two letters from meeting so there is no in aayah 14 of surah al-Muttafifeen. After the sakt, then recites the next word . Click here to listen to this sakt.
NOTE: These four are required when reading these words in continuum with what follows, when reciting by the Shatabiyyah way of Hafs.
There are two allowed () sakt in two different places in the Qur’an. These two sakt are not specific to the recitation of Hafs, but are allowed in the other ways of recitation also. These "allowed" saktaat means there is more than one allowed way of reading in these places.
1. The first allowed is between the end of surah al-Anfaal, and the beginning of surah at-Tawbah when joining the end of al-Anfaal with the beginning of surah at-Tawbah. The allowed is on the of the word then the recitation continues with . Again, there are other allowed ways of joining these two surahs.
2. The second allowed is on the word , in verse 28 of surah al-Haaqqah when continuing with the next aayah . We previously studied that there is another allowed way of reading when joining these two aayat, that is idghaam of the first saakinah letter of the word into the voweled of the word . Both of theses two ways of joining these two aayat are allowable.
NOTE: There is a small above the words indicating the place of in the Glorious Qur’an.